A project to create a public API that scrapes news sites for anything concerning the changes in energy prices.
This project’s secondary aim is to help beginners learn how to contribute to open source projects and will be purposely kept as basic as possible.
Up to date version hosted at: RapidAPI Hub
- Links to articles
- End points for specific sources
- Thorough documentation
- An open and inviting issue-board to encourage discussion of future features
Language & Prerequisites
- A browser extension for viewing JSON is helpful like JSON Formatter
Warning The above mentioned Node version is important to be able to run this project properly as it makes use of some newer functions. Also, if you are not using linux, the JSON formatter browser extension is HIGHLY recommended.
- Fork this repo and then clone your fork to an empty local directory using SSH
- Now the basis of the project is here and can already be viewed by running:
npm run dev
- You may view the various endpoints by opening
localhost:8000in your browser and appending the desired route
The aim for this project it to be very easy to access, so please have a look through the contribution guide if you need an idea how or where to get started.
Some rudimentary and development focused documentation on using the API can be found here, where you have listed the various endpoints available and how to make use of any additional features.
Thanks goes to these wonderful people (emoji key):
This project follows the all-contributors specification. Contributions of any kind welcome!